This intense one-week Lean Healthcare Certificate Program will give participants a hands-on, learn-by-doing experience applying Lean Philosophies and Tools in a healthcare environment. The training, exercises and simulations build the foundation throughout the week for the participants to apply them in a Mini-Kaizen Event Lab Exercise. This life-like healthcare experience, including certified nursing professionals, is taught and facilitated by Lean practitioners, Leaders and Coaches, each with multiple years of successfully applying Lean in healthcare organizations to significantly improve outcomes.
Monday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- The Reality in Healthcare Work
- What is Lean?
- First-hand Observation Skills Practice and Rules-in-Use
- 5S Training for the Healthcare Environment
- Lean Healthcare Introductory Environment Improvement Pharmacy Simulation
Tuesday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Value Stream Mapping Training and Exercises
- A3 Thinking/A3 Problem Solving Training and Exercises
- Lean Tools: Standard Work, Mistake Proofing, Andon
Wednesday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Lean Simulation: Apply what you’ve learned in a complex simulation activity with multiple runs and process redesigns.
Thursday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Reflection on Lean Simulation
- More Lean Healthcare Tools
- Daily Management and Lean Management System
- Nursing Lab Mini-Kaizen Event:
- Teams will apply the Lean Healthcare principles and tools they have learned to improve the work and work environment for a nurse in a teaching lab environment. The ultimate “Learn-by-doing” experience.
Friday 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
- A Journey in Lean: Leadership, Culture, Planning and Evolution- David Munch, M.D.
- How to Get Started with Lean